LIFE Transformation Groups
Are you ready to deepen your walk with God in Christ? Do you want to deepen your faith and fellowship other believers? LIFE Transformation Groups are the best way grow in your faith and witness for Christ. For more information about the three elements of Life Transformation Groups and how LTGs are conducted, please read a excerpt from Neil Cole's book Cultivating a Life with God by clicking here. For specific questions about how LTGs are implemented at Ocoee Oaks, please contact Pastor Wade.
LIFE Transformation Group Questions
Since our last meeting…
1. What sin, if any, have you committed?
2. What have you done to develop your relationship with God?
3. How have you developed your relationships with other believers, especially your family?
4. How have you broken fellowship with other believers? (anger, gossip, etc)
5. Have you read the Scriptures faithfully?
6. What other means of grace/spiritual disciplines have you availed yourself of this week?
7. How have you served others without expectation of return?
8. With whom have you shared the gospel verbally?
9. Describe your worship experience(s) in the past week.
10. What is God teaching you? What are you going to do about it?
Pardon & Encouragement
1 John 1:9, We confess our sins to God for forgiveness.
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
James 5:16, We confess our sins to one another for healing
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.
Ephesians 4:22 & 24, In LTGs we put off the old self by confession and put on the new self by reading the Bible
You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires...and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.
Prayers for Confessor
Strategic Prayer Focus*
Each member of the LTG is to identify the two or three people who are the highest evangelistic priorities God has laid on their hearts. They share the names of these people at a group meeting, and each member writes the names down. Each person should have listed all the names represented in the group, totaling six to nine names. Each time one of us does our Bible reading, we select one of the names and pray for that person using the suggested prayer guide. Each person listed for strategic prayer is prayed for two to three times by two or three different people every week. The prayers (listed below) offered are specific, progressive, and extensive. They are also in accordance with biblical principles of prayer and the salvation of lost souls.
1. I pray, Lord, that You draw ____ to Yourself (John 6:44).
2. I pray that ____ seeks to know You (Acts 17:27).
3. I pray that ____ hears and believes the Word of God (1 Thess. 2:13).
4. I ask You to prevent Satan from blinding ____ to the truth (2 Cor. 4:4; 2 Tim. 2:25-26).
5. Holy Spirit, I ask You to convict ____ of his/her sin and reveal his/her need for Christ’s redemption.
6. I ask You to send someone who will share the Gospel with ____ (Matt. 9:37-38).
7. I also ask that You give me (and/or my fellow disciple) the opportunity, the courage, and the right words to share the truth with ____ (Col. 4:3-6; Eph. 6:19-20).
8. Lord, I pray that ____ turns from his/her sin (Acts 17:30-31; 1 Thess. 1:9-10).
9. Lord, I pray that ____ would put all of his/her trust in Christ (John 1:12; 5:24).
10. Lord, I pray that ____ will confess Christ as Lord of his/her life, take root and grow in his/her faith, and bear much fruit for Your glory (Rom. 10:9-10; Col. 2:6-7; Luke 8:15).
*from Neil Cole, Cultivating a Life with God